Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jet Lag

I can sleep anywhere or anytime. I really consider my sleeping abilities a talent of mine. But apparently they stood nothing against my jet lag.

Last night I woke up at 3:30 am. I was completely awake in a room that was totally foreign to me. A few minutes later (or what I thought was a few minutes) the call to prayer echoed outside my window. I fell asleep soon after that. There's nothing quite like hearing that outside your bedroom window. Really, everything feels so surreal here.

The center is slowly becoming home. Slowly. It's so big that I still have to follow other people to get to the auditorium, forum, laundry room, etc. I know how to get to my room and the Oasis (where we have all our meals). That's what's most important right now. ;)

I'm loving it here. We had a four hour walk around the Old City today and had a lot of orientation meetings. There is a lot to adjust to, but I'm loving every second!

This is the view from my balcony. I know. It's incredible!
I took this. This is not in a magazine. IT'S REAL! No, I will never do homework inside.
Our first meal at the center!

Ahh. This place truly is amazing. I want to take pictures constantly. I probably will take pictures constantly. Lot's will be posted, I promise! :)

1 comment: