Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Real Life

School came with a slap in the face that we really do live in real life. We really do have homework and we really do have to study.

But this morning everything got even better. I noticed in the shower that there wasn't very much water pressure. I hate showers like that. So I mentioned it to Jord but he didn't know why it would have been like that either.

Neither of us realized until we left for work and school at 8:00 am. 

Jordan: "Hey Mad, look outside in our backyard, it looks like the snow is starting to melt!"

Me: "Wow! That does look cool. I'm surprised the snow is melting... it's still really cold outside."

......

Jordan: "Um... Our backyard is flooding".

Sweet. Of course. WHY IS OUR BACKYARD FLOODING?!?!?!

Water was everywhere. The next hour consisted of prayers, shoveling, and frustration. First we began shoveling the backyard for the main water line. Then I called a random sprinkler man and he told me that most of the time (80%) the main water line was in the front yard. So we took the 80% risk and began shoveling the front yard. 

I'm sure the neighbors thought we were crazy. 'Why in the world would they be shoveling their lawn?'

Oh, you will find out soon. The water is creeping your way.

BUT we found it. Jordan was able to turn off the water and I watched as the water slowly absorbed into our lawn. This is the aftermath.



I'm sorry I don't have pictures of the yard during it all... but it really wasn't very funny at the time nor did I feel the need to take pictures in the middle of a crisis. 

So that's our story for the day. After it all happened we made ourselves feel better by saying everything that could have happened that didn't.

"At least the water didn't flood into our house?"    "Yeah."

"We're lucky we noticed that the snow wasn't actually melting?"     "Yeah."

"Good thing that sprinkler guy told us that it was probably in the front yard?"    "Yeah."

"Luckily I had these dang cute boots to wear. My feet didn't get wet at all."


Thanks mom for helping me always be prepared. And for letting me get these in pink.


5 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! That's terrible. So sorry you guys! If you need anything let us know! Perfect way to start the semester right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss all of these blog posts of yours?! What the heck. Sorry about your lawn. That is crazy! I'm sure it will make for a funny story to tell your kids one day. Love your boots, too. And all of your wedding pictures (yeah I read all your posts down to that one)...you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder I thought you didn't blog anymore...you got a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So sorry guys! At least you took care of the problem in style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! so glad it didn't flood your house! And are those pink Hunters?!?! I just got that exact pair for christmas! I love them! Twinsies!! :)

    ReplyDelete