Saturday, March 31, 2012

Engaged

I have the most wonderful fiance in the world. This week he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. And it was perfect in every way. Here's how it all happened:

Two weeks before the big question was asked one of our friends, Kelli Gilbert, texted me and asked if Jordan and I wanted to join her and her husband for a hike Friday the 30th. After I responded that we would love to go, she replied, "We're excited! And I'm not supposed to say anything... but even though were going on a hike you should probably look cute ;)"

Hmmm. I knew immediately what she was talking about. The ring had been bought and was supposed to be finished the day before Friday. Jordan was trying to be sneaky, but I was obviously way too smart for his sneakiness. Throughout the next two weeks more and more hinted at the idea of getting proposed to on Friday. He even had Sierra West call and leave a message explaining details about when the ring was going to be done. I was 100% sure about it happening on Friday. And I felt terrible because I had figured out Jord's big secret.

On our way to California my friend Meredith called me and asked me to go with her to a recital on Tuesday the 27th. I told her I was unable to go since I had a group project get together during that time. Little did I know that this totally ruined Jordan's plans. So, once we arrived in California Jord made the necessary calls to my friends to fix everything.

I received a call from Maddie Crawley Saturday morning explaining that a group of girls had a surprise girls night out planned for me that Tuesday night. The plan was for Mere and I to go to the recital and then they all would surprise me by us all getting our nails done together. Maddie told me that I wasn't supposed to know about it, but in order for it to all work I would need to cancel my group project. My goodness. My friends were planning a surprise nail salon party!? I quickly emailed my group members and canceled our get together. There I was again, falling into every single trap Jordan set for me.

Tuesday came along and I was completely oblivious to the fact that Jordan was going to ask for my hand that night. Meredith came and picked me up at the apartment. As always-- she looked gorgeous. I felt totally under dressed, so I made her wait while I quickly put on some high heels.

She drove me to the Shops at Riverwoods and gave me my ticket to the recital.
Jord's dad is AMAZING and made these tickets. All the numbers on it are significant dates of ours. 9/11 was the day we met, 10/15 was our first date, and 11/16 is the day we will be married. It also says "I do" in the background. Amazing? Yes! I will keep this ticket forever. :)
I was brought to the Manor (a reception place) at the Riverwoods and walked in to find Brielle and Maddie as my ushers. This is where I got really confused at was going on.

The two of them wouldn't answer any of my questions as to what was going on. They just kept saying, "You look so pretty!" They put a pearl necklace and bracelet on me and led me to the next room.

I'm sure they were all expecting me to gasp or react in some sort of way when I saw my handsome boyfriend sitting there at a grand piano. But, because of my bad eyes, I asked, "Who is that?" to all their surprise. Once I got closer I realized who it was. My heart just started beating out of my chest. :)
Just look at him. He is so darling.


I sat down and he began playing the piano. I was completely shocked, because other than what I have taught him in the last couple of months, Jordan doesn't play the piano! He had been practicing so hard the last few weeks. :) He played and sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" to me. I just cried. It was the sweetest thing in the whole world.


At this point I still didn't think he was proposing. I knew he wasn't getting the ring until Thursday. How wrong I was. It was when he stood up, knelt down beside me,  and handed me a rose that I noticed the ring box in his vest pocket. I think at that point my heart completely jumped out of my chest.





He then asked me to marry him. I blurted out "Yes!" and he put the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen on my finger. Ahh. I was completely giddy in every way.


Jordan then brought me to dinner just the two of us. I couldn't even eat because I was so excited! After the two of us went to my house and my mommy had dessert made so we could celebrate. Baby James also had a sign on him that said, "Congratulations on your engagement!" I forgot to take a picture of it though! It was so darling.

The night turned out perfect. I was surprised in every way.

I am going to marry the most wonderful man I have ever met. I thank God for placing him in my life every day. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

I love you Jordan.

For those of you that would like to see the proposal on video, here it is:



Thank you Jordan for making this such a wonderful day. I LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

  1. love.every.second. of your engagement story! You two are too cute, and I'm so grateful that you shared the whole story with us. Can't wait for November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet and we are SO excited to have you join our family. Way to go Jordan and WAY to go Maddie for saying YES!!! :) Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Maddie! This is great!!! I love it! I'm so happy for you! I will always remember the day you got engaged since it was on my BDay, haha. And Sierra West is the best!! CONGRATS!!!! You will be a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love this so much, can't stop looking at the pictures and watching the video. I called Noni and she said that she cried when watching. So special, thank you for sharing this with us! We love you!

    ReplyDelete