Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Garden Of Gethsemane

Here in Jerusalem our Sabbath day is on Saturday (we call it shabbat). Our sacrament meeting is held in the auditorium which has an amazing view of the city. There is something incredible about taking the sacrament and being able to look at the places Jesus walked at the same time. I don't think I will ever get used to that.

I joined the ward choir. Just couldn't help myself. But apparently everyone couldn't either because I think we had 70 people in the choir. No joke. We took up the ENTIRE stage when we sang in sacrament meeting. At least it was powerful. :)

After church we were able to go into the city. I went with a group to the Garden of Gethsemane. Truly incredible. There was such a strong spirit there. I couldn't believe I was standing where the most significant event ever to occur on this earth happened. There was a bench nearby and I was able to read the end of John and ponder all that happened in the garden. I think that I will go back every Sabbath day. I can't think of a better place to spend my time. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment