Tuesday, May 29, 2012

David and Goliath

Yesterday we went on our Shephelah field trip! It was HOT. We all looked really cute in our pictures when we were sweating quite profusely. ;) 

My favorite part of the field trip was going to see where David conquered Goliath! They even let me throw my own rock from a sling shot! It was a struggle.

Rock + Slingshot


Best part of this picture? My stylish camera case clipped onto my pants. ;)

This is where it all happened!


My second favorite part were all the caves! Partly because they saved me from the heat, and partly because they were so INCREDIBLE. They were huge! And the people dug them all out from one little hole. Crazy.

This is not an optical illusion. This IS as big as it looks.


And my third favorite part was the city of Guvirin! It was full of incredible caves underground that all had different stuff. Pigeon houses, cisterns, olive presses, tombs, etc.

 
No, I could not move that stone. WAY too heavy.
Hey, I'm in a tomb!
I love seeing the places that I am studying right now in Old Testament. The scriptures are coming to life and it really is incredible! I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment