Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hmmm. :)

Today was wonderful!

For quite a few reasons. This morning I took my first midterm here in Jerusalem. Old Testament. And it was TOUGH. But after studying all day yesterday, I feel pretty good about it. And now I am finished!

Right after classes I ran with Rachel and Chloe to the city. And it was very much needed. I haven't been out in the city for almost 2 weeks! Things before Turkey were so crazy and I haven't had a chance to go out since we got back. But I did today! I didn't realize how bad I missed it. We had a blast wandering the streets again. :)


I know. Our attire is adorable. All the time.

First we got ourselves some shawarma (meat in a pita with all sorts of yummy veggies and sauce) in the Old City. Then we wandered around in search for clothes for tonight. Why? Tonight was Arabic night! So, we were asked to come dressed up in proper attire. It was just an excuse for me to get some cute scarfs. And a shirt. And earrings. All ABSOLUTELY needed for tonight. ;)

When we got back to the center we got to listen to a couple of men who do the prayer calls at one of the nearby mosques. They have been trained their entire life to perform the prayer call and the Quran in mosques. They were really incredible to listen to.

We were then treated with a feast of Arabic food. I ate until my hearts content. Which was a little too much, because I quickly regretted it when we danced after. They had some students our age teach us Arabic folk dancing! It was so funny. We were not so good at it. :)

Now I'm avoiding homework by updated my blog. A valid excuse. But today was just wonderful and I had to blog about it! Here's some pictures from the day. :)

Soooooo yummy.

Thank you Chloe for the candid shot ;)
This guy gave me a killer deal on my scarfs. I'm super proud of my bargaining abilities. :)
Hailey and I!
Look at the decorations everywhere!! It seriously was so great.
What a great day. Every day just gets better here. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I had some shawarma in the states, but we were pretty disappointed ~ I guess we might need to travel to Israel to find something yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete