Friday, May 25, 2012

Bells

I was looking through my pictures today and realized I forgot to blog about something really exciting.

Actually, this happens more often than it should. I need to be better about blogging. If there are ever random blog posts from here on out... you'll know why.

ANYWAY. A group of us went to the YMCA tower a few weeks ago. Believe it or not, I didn't what the YMCA was. I had to have a mini lesson once we got there. Not sure if I should be embarrassed by that or not.

To the cool part- once we got there we took the elevator up to the top where the bells were! Then Br. Squires sat us down, had us "practice" (meaning playing the song he gave us once) on a mini bell set. Then he said, "Okay, now you're going to play the bells over on this big one. Don't mess up. But if you do, just keep going because millions of people can hear you." UHHHH!? That is the quickest way to get Maddie's heart beating. But I played "Ode to Joy" for all of Jerusalem to hear!! And I didn't even mess up! :)

In fact... I played three songs. It was such a thrill!

I'm contemplating becoming a carillon player. Just for the excitement it would offer me everyday. Jord, what do you think? Could we build a set of bells in a tower of our home? Just an idea...


All the letters look pretty decent. Mine doesn't look much like an "m" though...




1 comment:

  1. Good thing you have all that wonderful musical background! I'd hate to think about what poor Jerusalem might have heard had I been playing! :)

    ReplyDelete