Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tel Eviv!!

On Sunday a large group of us ran away to the far away land of Tel Eviv. It really isn't that far away, but it felt extremely different from where we live. Instead of being in Jerusalem and surrounded by historical significance everywhere, I was surrounded by the beach!


Our day started off with renting bikes for 3 hours. Towards the end of the ride I kept thinking I must be really out of shape because my legs were buring like crazy. I then looked at my front wheel to see that it was flat.

That turned out to be an adventure in and of itself. We were a few miles away from the bike shop and I couldn't just ride the rim the rest of the way... So we searched for a gas station. And a really ghetto one was found. That was the first lucky part.

The second lucky part was that there were boys in my group! Jon saved the day.


That's my sad face. Broken bike that stopped me from riding around on the beach.


And that's Jon. Running across 5 lanes of traffic. It was hard for me to watch. But he did save my bike!

The rest of the day was spent on the beach! I came home with stripped sunburns because I used spray sunblock. I've learned my lesson to rub it in. ;)

Oh... and just because it's funny...


This was our driver on the way home. He may seem intense...


But he obviously likes fluffy kittens?

No comments:

Post a Comment