Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jon Schmidt

Guess who came to Jerusalem this week!? Jon Schmidt! He was here for a tour during the week and then on Saturday spent his last night performing. He was incredible. And hilarious.

All I wanted was him to play three songs. And he did! First, Waterfall. Yes, Christopher, I filmed it just for you. Second, All of Me. Probably just because he uses his elbow in it. It reminded me once again how I will never be able to play it at quite the rate he does. And third, Tribute. This is such a nostalgic song for me because my mom always played it while growing up.

But Jon Schmidt had a surprise for me. He slipped in the song "Can't Help Falling In Love". Jordan sang and played that song for me when he proposed. So while he played, I just cried.

It really was wonderful.  Who would have thought I would go to a Jon Schmidt concert in JERUSALEM?

Okay. I know this isn't a super great picture. But it captures his enthusiasm perfectly.

Look how close I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment