Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bible Land

For our field trip this week we went to Neo Kedumim, where we got to experience the Bible on a whole new level!

I was able to see, smell, taste, touch, and hear the Bible! They had plants, animals, food, trees, instruments, etc. that are all talked about in the Old or New Testament.

I loved it. But what field trip have I not loved here??



See that? We are herding sheep and goats! This was definitely my favorite part of the day. Believe it or not, sheep and goats are two VERY different animals. I would much rather herd goats. The sheep we're way too stubborn.


They had us crush up hyssop, which was used in different foods, but people in the Bible also rubbed it on their skin when they had leprosy or other skill ailments.


This is pop-wheat! In the book of Ruth we read that Boaz let Ruth "glean" from his vineyard. They told us that this is what she would have been gleaning!


We made homemade lentil soup and pitas. They had us start up a fire and we made everything from scratch. It made me want to go camping really bad. :)


The smoke was so intense that Robert, our pita flipper, had to wear a scarf. Hahaha.


Mmmmm. I love pita.

Such a cool day. I will never read the stories in the Bible the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment