Friday, July 6, 2012

I LOVE JORDAN!!

See the pun in that title? There was plenty of time taken talking with David Cramer and David Burberge about funny puns I could put in this blog post. I hope I remembered them all. :)

Last week we went to Jordan! Holy cow. It was more amazing than I could ever have expected. Lots of pictures were taken... and thats the exciting part, so I am just going to post them and put a few thoughts and info in here and there... :) This is me falling in love with Jordan all over again. ;)


This was Mount Nebo where Moses looked out and saw the Promised Land from afar. He is supposedly buried here. But I just know he was translated. :)

 The Madaba Map. This is the oldest map of the Holy Land. EVER! Preeeeetty impressive.

 This is in Petra!! Oh my goodness. Words cannot describe how fantastic Petra was. I was blown away.

 After about a mile walk you see this!! We all couldn't help ourselves and had to start singing Indiana Jones. Dun da duh dun... dun dun dun.

 The treasury!! Can you believe this was literally carved out of the huge rock cliffs? I couldn't get over it.  Man those Nabateans.

 I got to ride a camel! Can you see the thrill on my face?




 I know. Way too many camel pictures. But it was really neat. :)




 Camels... everywhere.

 I think I was laughing at something someone said that was funny. Anyway, those awesome things behind me are the Royal Tombs!

 Look at the toppled over column in this backdrop...

Okay... now just for fun I have a video! I film like EVERYTHING here and I thought it would be fun to film seeing the massive Monastery in Petra for the first time! Here it is:

 This was how excited I was about the Monastery. It was massive! I hiked 837 stairs just to get here. My legs are going to be so buff.
 This picture was taken when I almost walked off a cliff. No joke. Some Bedouin men stopped me right before I did. When you're really hot and kind of delirious steps and cliffs begin to become less distinctive.
 Delirious face.
 Kindof looks like the Grand Canyon huh?
 Royal Tombs!
 I rode a horse too.
 These we're the girls I hiked all day in Petra with. We saw the Treasury, the Royal Tombs, the Monastery, and the High Place. Jon told us we looked like a posse. So we took a picture.
 Jord, this one is for you! They named museums after you all over in Jordan. I don't know why.
 Perhaps I shouldn't make fun of antiquities. But this was too good to pass up. :)
 This is me kissing Jordan. :) Tehehe.
 This river is near the place we believe Jacob had his vision of the ladder with the angels ascending and descending from it. I get to go to all of these places! Everyday is an adventure here.
Jerash was incredible. It's known as the city of 1,000 columns. There were so many!
 Look how many columns!
 We also went to the Royal Automobile Museum. Hahaha.
 Here I'm at the river Jordan! Definitely one of my favorite places we visited. :)
"Jesus came to John the Baptist in Judea long ago. And was baptized by immersion in the river Jordan's flow."

Basically, I left my heart with Jordan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment