Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dome of the Rock

On our last free day a small group of us woke up early so that we could beat the line to see the Dome of the Rock! It was definitely worth it. 

I have been looking at this incredible building for the last 3 months but have never been able to actually make it onto the temple mount because of the lines. I guess thats what you get for living in Jerusalem during tourist season! But I FINALLY made it there! And it was incredible.

I was shocked at the size of the temple mount. I think I heard a rumor that it is 4x that of Temple Square. It really was huge! We were also told that when the 2nd temple stood, built by Herod, it would have been 2x the height of the Dome of the Rock! 

Can you believe that I live here? I call this place home! The Dome was only a hop, skip, and a jump away. Crazy.








No comments:

Post a Comment