Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Goodbye

Today was one of my favorite days in Jerusalem.

I woke up early and went to the Dome of the Rock. Being on Temple Mount is amazing. That Dome will never cease to amaze me. Afterwards I went to the Western Wall where I stuck my written prayer in the cracks of the rocks among the hundreds of others. I stayed there awhile and just soaked up the culture. I love watching how they worship and how truly devout they are to their religion.

The rest of the day was spent taking our time in the Old City. I got a little shopping done, hiked the long stair case up the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer to look at the incredible view of the city, went to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, got schwarma in the Jewish Quarter, relaxed at the Austrian Hospice, and got yummy treats on our way back to the center at "the Arab Costco".

It was a wonderful day. I looked at the city with new eyes as I looked around knowing this was the last time I would walk around in it.

Goodbyes were hard. Right before getting on the bus all of us recited "The Living Christ" looking out over the city. What a way to end the semester. Tears just streamed down my face.

Walking to the city. :)


 Western Wall.



Can you see my house?



Ah. I love this group. So much.

Our last hour in Jerusalem. We spent it on the 7th floor looking out at the city. :)

My roommates for the last 4 months! 



Tears.

So this is my last post actually being in Jerusalem. It WILL NOT be the last post about Jerusalem. I love it way too much. :)

I'll be home in less than 24 hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment