Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Our Boo Baby

After my Drs. appointment on Monday I was supposed to hear whether or not this little girl is going to come this weekend or if both her and I get to wait longer.

My blood pressure jumped up last week and the doctors were worried about Pre-eclampsia. Jordan and I were prepared to be induced right away because that is not something they want to mess around with. When we learned that everything was okay and that wasn't necessary, Jord and I couldn't help but be disappointed. Our little hearts had gotten ready to meet this sweet girl!

So, when I learned Monday evening that I was not in the early induction group I couldn't help but feel sad. I'd gotten my hopes up to meet her a little sooner TWICE! I was told that if I don't go into labor on my own I will be induced at 41 weeks. They set my induction to begin the night of the 30th and my delivery is planned for Halloween.

Just 2 weeks and a couple of days away! I can do that. If that means she will be healthy and happy when we first meet her, I can FOR SURE do that!

Jordan knew how disappointed I was to hear that I get to wait even longer for this baby to come, so, like always, he had something up his sleeve to make me feel better about it.

When he came home from work yesterday he took me over to a sweet farm just a few minutes from our house to pick out a few straw stacks. (Maybe this sounds dumb to you, but I LOVE decorating for holidays and have been wanting a darling porch set up this year). He then told me that everyday leading up to Halloween we would get to go pick a new decoration for our house. That way I have something to look forward to everyday until this little baby comes! And lets be honest, she will LOVE having a fun house to come home to. ;) I mean, she better love Halloween if that's the day she's going to be born!

Leave it to Mr. McKee to bring a smile to my face when I feel so terribly uncomfortable and just ready to be DONE. I think I'll keep him. :)


2 comments:

  1. He's such a good husband. That's such a great idea to get ready for Halloween and keep your mind off that baby not being here already! Can't wait to see your porch decorations. You are beautiful! She'll be here so soon!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it feels like forever away, but two weeks! That's soon! two more weeks and e v e r y t h i n g changes!!!! If she does come on Halloween and being one who has a birthday on a holiday (even though mine isn't a huge holiday) I can say that it is the best thing ever! Every year your birthday is a special day that everyone is excited about no matter what.

    ReplyDelete