Friday, May 17, 2013

FAIL

I have always prided myself in being a good student. I have never turned anything late, I'm really good about being to class on time, I study really hard.

Today I failed as a student. It was the last and final day to take one of my tests. I studied all day. Literally, all day. I thought I would just go take it at 1:00, but then convinced myself otherwise because I still had the rest of the day to study. So I studied more.

I showed up at the testing center around 3:50. I always get nervous before walking up the stairs, so I looked at my notes one last time. Just in case I forgot anything. Then I walked up the stairs.

The doors were locked.

WHAT!? Why would the doors be locked? I knocked. I knocked again. Then I looked at the screen above me only to see "Friday Hours: Last test handed out at 4:00, testing center closes at 5:00"

I just cried.

How was I supposed to justify to my teacher that I really didn't know the testing center closed at 5:00? I should have looked. Totally my fault.

It was raining outside, which suited the situation quite well. So I sat down on the stairs outside in the rain and mourned. Kidding. I texted my TA on the stairs and then booked it to my professors office.

My professor wasn't there. So I sent him and email and waited for word back.

Luckily, I have the coolest TA in the world! She texted me back and said I could take it Tuesday after class. I would get full credit, but wouldn't be given the full curve. I'll take that any day!

So now I'm going to go study for my test even more to prove to myself that I really am a good student.

Kidding, again. I'm going to go watch a movie. :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment