Tuesday, May 28, 2013

California Surprise!

Jord and I had talked about going down to see his parents in California for the 3-day Memorial day weekend. But, the weekend was full of busy things and we figured we couldn't go.

On Friday at about 11:00am I started thinking about why we couldn't go and EVERY SINGLE reason why was one of my own.

I get spoiled rotten having my family live 15 minutes away. So, I made some phone calls, ditched some class work, and told Jordan we we're driving to California. We left at 1:00.

Best decision ever! We love being with those two so so much.

We went kayaking. We went to a fancy bakery for breakfast. We went to a baptism service. Mom taught me trade secret family recipes. Dad taught me trade secret salsa recipes (and sent me home with all the ingredients :)). We watched planet earth and laughed our guts out (who laughs at Planet Earth?? Um. Us.). We ate delicious homemade food. We went to a birthday party. We went to a mission farewell. We went to a fantastic Memorial Day service. We admired their garden. We bought me a beautiful basil plant.

And I fell asleep on the couch in the middle of a group conversation. Because I always do that.

It was a wonderful weekend. We miss you already, mom and dad!





1 comment:

  1. We loved your visit! So happy to have such great kids that will travel so far to visit with us! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete