Sunday, September 20, 2015

Spontaneity

I am SO grateful for friends who let us call them up last minute on a Friday asking to go camping, and happily tell us "yes!"

We packed up a tent, grabbed some quick groceries, blankies, and wood and were on our way.

I should NOT have been in charge of wood. Because apparently a few pieces of wood wasn't enough. How have I not learned before that wood burns freakishly fast?? If we hadn't had some manly men who went out and found some wood in the forrest we would have frozen our little behinds off! Lesson learned.

The Daley's are just the best and we talked each others ears off next to an incredibly warm fire till late in the night. We had hot dogs and smores, and an amazing breakfast complete with eggs, bacon, orange juice, and fruit. What a good life we live.





 It's dark and fuzzy, but I love selfies with this little babe.

 Gooood mornin'! Lucy did great sleeping in a tent with us! She woke up a few times and I reached over to feel that her hands were ice cold. I warmed them up in mine, tucked them back into her blankets, and repeated a couple hours later.




 We wanted a picture with all of us. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment